Towards the victory
This is the only way to get on the mountain to be called in the kingdom.
Jesus announces to his disciples "the way" to reach the Beatitudes that is the journey for those who wish to ascend to the highest peaks of spirituality, for those who wish to respond to the longing of their soul and achieve that desired happiness, but never found. It is a journey in stages, each of which allows one to rise higher and higher towards the conquest of the goal.
- Free yourself from all earthly wealth, because it generates the pride that feeds the vices. Free yourself from all evils, starting with greed, and seek firmly the humility, as it is the forefather of all the virtues.
- Find the measure of acting through the virtues, so as not to be attracted by the impetus of the passions and to regain the calm necessary to defeat the vices.
- Repentance is essential to free oneself from sin and to become aware of one's own misery, which in turn gives rise to the remorse of the errors committed, the only means that can feed that liberating cry for the wrong done.
- With God's help, You discern between what is good and what is bad for your soul. You must be thirsty for the Divine Will, predisposing yourself to do His will, to bring back the paths of asceticism into your heart.
- Offer to the afflicted what his anguished spirit seeks. First of all, man is hungry for love, which is, in short, the only answer to extreme misery.
- If you have succeeded in purifying the heart, freeing it from the filth of the passions nourished by vices, you will see in the beauty of the soul the image of God.
- If you have achieved peace, that is, you have brought harmony between body and spirit, since you have defeated all unhealthy desire from your body, you can also help those who are still struggling in hatred and rancor.
- If you have been persecuted because of the Lord, you will have obtained, through suffering, the extinction of all unhealthy energy dictated by pleasure. You have now come to the state of essential purity to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Blessed are your eyes because you see and your ears because you hear. Verily I say unto you, many prophets and righteous have desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and hear what you hear, and did not hear it! [...] He who sows the good seed is the Son of man. The field is the world. The good seed are the sons of the kingdom; the weeds are the sons of the evil one, and the enemy who sowed them is the devil. The harvest represents the end of the world, and the reapers are the angels. As therefore we gather the weeds and burn in the fire, so it will happen at the end of the world. The Son of Man will send his angels, who will gather from his kingdom all the scandals and all the workers of iniquity and throw them into the burning furnace where he will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father.
(Mt 13,16-17; 37-43)