Devotion to Jesus
The devotional practice of the Roman Catholic Church's "First Friday of nine months" originated from St. Margaret Mary Alacoque following a "great promises" made by revelation from Jesus himself.
From birth the Holy Spirit took possession of my soul, because this creature had to be, according to the plan of divine providence, the instrument to achieve the designs of Divine Mercy. The Lord would open your heart to manifest responsible to his Church.
Margaret Mary as the Lord prepared for this mission and what were the many tests, the treated separately. Here we give only some essential features to highlight the splendor of this Saint.
After a childhood of suffering, Margaret Mary crowned his vocation entering the monastery of the Visitation of the Parray Monial. After two months, the petitioner is of the Holy I live in the 25 August 1671 at the age of twenty-four years. Now his soul is freed from the chains of human freedom to worship and suffer for his beloved Jesus So says the Holy: "I felt my heart full of God, whose conversation was so sweet and often spent three hours with no other movements or feelings of love, without being able to sleep ... "
During the monastic life endures humiliation and mortification. Combating repugnance. Accept the flowers and the thorns of the Cross, but also rests on the bosom of our Lord: "He made me stand at long on his chest and there God made me discover the wonders of his love and the inexplicable secrets of His Sacred Heart, which I had always kept hidden."
Jesus gives a spark of love as a token of its flames that closed in the side of Margaret Mary and consume time to the extreme. His passion cannot be shut down but found only a bit 'of refreshment in the bloodletting. Jesus warns: "Although I closed the wound in your chest, the pain will remain forever."
I could not sleep because the wound was causing me so violent ardor that consumed me and made me burn alive.
The chest pain was renewed during the first Friday of the month as follows: "The Sacred Heart seemed to me like a sun shining vivid light of the burning rays that hit my heart. I heard him soon ignited a fire that seemed to bring me in ash, and especially at that time was that my teacher told me what God wanted from me and revealed the secrets of this amiable Heart".
The Lord also gave him a crown of thorns: "Receive, my child, this crown as a sign of what you will soon be time to make them compatible with me ... These pins will make you feel so keenly their wounds, which you will need to the full force of my love to bear the pain." So not including what he meant, but soon I understood the effects that followed: I received two terrible blows on the head, so since then I seem to have it all surrounded by thorns".
The great visions
- Jesus appeared to Mary Margaret and asked her to take the place that Saint John had occupied at the Last Supper and said, "My divine Heart is so passionate love for men who could no longer contain within itself the flames of his ardent charity, we need the spilling. I have chosen you to fulfill this grand design, so that everything is done by me."
- The heart of Jesus appeared on a throne of flames of the sun more radiant and transparent as crystal, surrounded by a crown of thorns symbolize the wounds inflicted by our sins, and surmounted by a cross.
- Jesus came to Margaret Mary all blazing with glory, with his five wounds, and just as brilliant as humanity came from the sacred fire from all sides, but especially from his marvelous chest that resembled a furnace and having open, she found in kind and loving heart, the true source of the flames. Jesus urged to receive Communion on the first Friday of each month and prostrate with his face to the ground from eleven to midnight on the night between Thursday and Friday.
- Jesus said that he felt hurt by the irreverence of the faithful, and added: "What I am even more significant is that hearts are consecrated to me who do this."
"Behold this Heart which has so loved men, who never spared until exhausting and consumers in order to show them his love. To receive recognition from the majority of men only ingratitude, irreverence and sacrilege, along with the coldness and the contempt that I use in this sacrament of love ... So I ask that the first Friday after the octave of the Blessed Sacrament is dedicated to a special feast in honor of my Heart. On that day we will tell you and pay a ' fine honor to repair the indignities which he received during the period in which it was exposed on the altars. I promise you, too, that my Heart will dilate in abundance and spread the influence of his divine love on those who bestow the honor and will ensure that he be ascribed".
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state.
- I will bring relief to families who are in difficulties and put peace in divided families.
- I will console them in their affliction.
- I will be their secure refuge during life and at death.
- Pour abundant blessings on all their works.
- Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and the ocean of Mercy.
- Tepid souls were keen.
- Fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection.
- I will bless the places where the image of my Sacred Heart shall be exposed and honored.
- To all those who work for the salvation of souls, give them the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
- The names of those who propagate this devotion to my Sacred Heart shall be written in my heart and will not ever be erased.
What does Jesus promise?
Jesus explains to his promise in these words: "they will not die in my displeasure, nor without receiving the Holy Sacraments, and in those last moments my heart will be a safe haven for them."
What the Heart of Jesus promises is that absolutely none of those who have done well the first Friday will die in mortal sin, grant:
a) if he is right, the final perseverance in the state of grace;
b) if he is a sinner, forgiveness of every sin is mortal by means of confession, whether through an act of perfect sorrow.
- To receive Communion in the grace of God: If you are in mortal sin, the confession is required.
- Devotion must be continued for nine consecutive months. For those who leave out even one communion must start over.
- The pious practice can begin on the first Friday of every month.
Here are some meditations in the first nine Friday of each month from a great ascetic. It is worth ponder why warm the heart and the soul closer to the heart of Jesus.
A special invitation
If you want to come to this joy and acquire the virtues, listen to Jesus' invitation: "All you will ask faithfully in prayer, you will get it" (Mt 18,20). In fact, without prayer, no spiritual journey is possible, nor can we follow the footsteps of Jesus our Savior.
If you want to match the invitation, or just pray from your home, click here and you will find an extraordinary prayer group. You will, therefore, be spiritually united with so many brothers spread across all continents, and your life will change.
If you would like to receive the prayer book fill out the form and receive it at your address without having to pay any expenses.
You can visit the prayer group after reading and pondering the following interesting pages.