O Lord, so many times in many ways we warned you beg for your mercy. You've revealed this divine mercy, hope and comfort to us when you spoke of God as a Father who embraces and embraces his son returned repentant and wants to make it a big party at home, when you spoke of God as a good shepherd who goes in search of the lost sheep until the finds and joyfully puts it on his shoulders.
But an even more direct and moving when you have proved you have welcomed sinners, when you prayed to the Father's mercy for those that you nailed on the cross. And when you drove the Saints and the Church to show us a sensitive and eloquent sign of divine mercy in your open side.
Your ribs hurt effectively shows us what God is for us, immense love, goodness, generosity, tenderness, brotherhood, mercy who wants to save, which he calls, always ready to welcome and to destroy the sins by the power of love. In a way that only God could be found to cause in us a sincere repentance.
O Jesus, we are gathered here, where you are present in the Sacrament with your glorious wounds, warm your heart with the right to ask for mercy and forgiveness for us and for all men.
We feel so much discomfort and growing restlessness in everything and in all areas of individual, family, social, evil becomes more aggressive, and a sense of awareness, we weigh down the heart. We, too, that we profess your followers, often we have forgotten you and your words, too often we indulge in sins against love extolling selfishness that you condemned.
Remained alive despite all the certainty that your heart is always open, because he wants to shrink from this dangerous condition, he wants to spread the misery of mankind's saving grace.
O Jesus, to enable us to more sincerely beg your mercy, and to strengthen the confidence of being heard, first listen to your word and what we wanted to comfort you know you have your saints.
To your Mom, you can tap into widely to your merciful heart, we will leave our prayers.
From the letters of the Apostles.
St. Paul to the Corinthians: "Brothers and God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not imputing their trespasses, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation ... We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God He who knew no sin, God made him sin for us, because we might become the righteousness of God through him and his co-workers because we are, we urge you not to accept the grace of God in vain ... Now is the acceptable time; Now is the day of salvation ". (2Cor 5,19-21; 6,1-2)
Forgive us Lord for we have sinned
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. I know my transgressions and my sin is ever before me. (Psalm 50).
- Gospel of Luke. Jesus told this parable to some who assumed they were righteous and despised others: "Two men went into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a ... And the publican, standing afar off, would not even lift his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast saying: O God, be merciful to me a sinner ... I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other, for he who exalts himself will be humbled and whoever humbles himself will be exalted. "(Luke 18.10-14). God is a forgiving God. The whole revelation is the carrying out of this issue. On the one hand, God highly sensitive to sin, full of hatred against sin, the other rich compassion and mercy, slow to anger and forgiving the sinner, indeed, because he wants not the death of the sinner but that he be converted and live, calls him, searching. And his forgiveness is total and with it God throw behind the sin, I do not remember him more if the sinner confesses. A summary of this revelation we have in Psalm 102. "God is a Father who forgives his children, he knows the native weakness.".
- Jesus confirms and reinforces the revelation of God as Father, full of tenderness in forgiving; confirms that he came for sinners; welcomes with great love sinners so much to offend the Pharisees. True "Servant of the Lord" which justifies the multitude of door and atones for sins, the true Lamb of God takes away the sins of the world; the Church communicates the power to forgive sins. And he stands at the right hand of the Father as "our attorney".
- Not content, makes a gift to the Church of the revelation of His Heart, just as a reminder of this most tender mercy. It is nothing but an immediate reminder of the Gospel, the open heart of blood and water which gushed forth, an open heart to pour out streams of His mercy. Santa Margaret tells us: "He unveiled to me like the burning desire to be loved by men and portray them from the path of destruction in which Satan was rushing them, had made him conceive the design to express your heart to the men with all treasures of love and mercy of sanctifying grace and healing that it (the heart) contains ... This devotion is like the last effort of his love, eager to encourage the men in these last centuries of the redemption of love.".
- The conditions for this forgiveness we find in the Gospel; sincerely acknowledge their own faults, the humble confession of the resolution not to sin again, forgive others, because "If you do not forgive men, neither will your Father forgive your faults.".
- Of this forgiveness we all have an ongoing need. Every day in our soul (mind, will, heart) and then in our conduct, because, despite good proposal, the failure occurs, the return of the man of sin ... Every day, under the stimulus of passions, in contact with the world (Conversations, press, television, business discussions, events, excitement and solicitations to sin), resurfaces materialistic mentality and make many mistakes. Every day so we need to rise again, to wash our sins, to bring them to God in the dialogue of the repentant son with the merciful Father, our hearts stained in contact with the sick to the heart rigorous and full of holiness to Jesus.
One day you will die. It is God's sentence on every man, ruling that there is in the second chapter of Genesis, we see that this sentence has run its course every day, in fact, we note the death roam in all areas of the world claiming countless victims every day. To understand the value of the promise of Jesus: "I will be their secure refuge during life and especially death," I think it is well to recall the thought of death, which has always been regarded as a powerful aid to spiritual life, it is our duty to investigate a fact so opposed to sin, and holiness so great help ... Moreover, death is a reality of interest is always new, of which there is never tired, full of emotions with a truth which you do not ever come to be familiar.
Even the mundane sometimes necessary to warn the thought of death, not only to make sense and order to life, but also to envelop a new light. Pascal said: "Life without the thought of death, that is without religion, without that which distinguishes us from beasts, is a delusion, or intermittent, or continuous, or a fool, or tragic." Precisely because it is not born a tragic delusion in our lives, we gather to meditate on death. We will not make the usual example of a good death; we will contemplate this solemn reality in some aspects that will give us a confirmation of the reality of the most sensitive meditations and foundation.
There is a clear reality of our faith: It is a punishment. Universal Punishment: nobody can hope to escape his rapacious hand. Punishment frightening: more than you can imagine on earth.
Bitter and terrible punishment:
- In essence, following the dissolution of our being and is what most repugnant to our instincts, Aristotle, the great philosopher, Greek, declares: "Of all things, death is the most terrible, the bitterest".
- In his circumstances that are unknown to us, where, when, how we die? He is an enemy lurks always, always a sword of Damocles hanging over our heads.
- In its consequences: "It is a moment from which depends the eternal", is an act which, despite its good intentions, we cannot have any experience. We must do all of a sudden, the fast and everything depends on the perfection with which if completed for that one time ... it is a single act, complete, working, immutable, and once completed should leave it as is, with its inevitable consequences of eternal fruitfulness.
- Surprise us in less favorable circumstances for a decision to such tragic consequences. If there is a moment in which we need for health, vigor, clear mind, calm determination, strict attention is at the very moment of death, from which depends eternity. Right now, as a result of the disease, the stunning, a thousand sorrows, fears, interests ... maybe we will shine, security, peace of mind.
- Bitter death! How true this expression of writing. Death is a word that is always a thrill in the scroll members ... word that provokes in us the memory of the stinging tears of unspeakable anguish, gloomy visions and frightening premonitions. And when this reality is, when he felt the weight of his pain and his bitterness, the tears that accompany it, we are tempted to protest against the Lord: "Why death? Why now?".
Jesus, as calls death? A thief and, really, he deserve that name. Steals for the pleasure to destroy, to annihilate. It will make a real mess of our lives.
He steals and destroys one by one all our worldly possessions: money, possessions, with the pleasures and the comforts of which are the source, we have entered the world naked and we'll get stripped of everything, most radical poverty will make the death and we tear the idols hidden, those little comfortable, where we pleased, to which we have been fiercely attacked by even up to take second place to God himself.
Reduce also our pride in the dust with all its ambitions. Offices, honors, certificate of esteem, desire for praise and admiration of many other aspirations. After a few days no one will think of us ... talk to us. Perhaps some kind soul will say a prayer for peace, only our name will remain obscure, insignificant on the dusty record books and parish hall.
And what of today in which perhaps we exalt. We think, "If I were not there ... when there is no longer I", but "No one is indispensable in this world" and when there will be more, others will carry on the good, perhaps better than us. Others taking a deep breath, almost liberation, saying, "Finally he's gone." Death is bitter!
Our bodies? Will be preserved for some time, some space, then end up in the darkness of darkness, where it will mess...
"That's what they so eagerly cultivated," Wisdom is written in the Bible.