ASD Calcio e Rugby da Tavolo


Federazione Italiana Sport Calcio da Tavolo


We are


Accessories poster


Accessories list

Teams list




The official site of the Federation Italian Table Soccer where it's possible to retrieve information on the competitive activity.

The site of the Subbuteo lovers where you can discuss of Subbuteo and Table soccer

A site with indication and technical support


The photos and the picked history in this page it is of ownership of the respective authors. Here it has been synthesized without thin of profit, but only to favor the knowledge of the city of Maddaloni.



Little history of Maddaloni

The city of Maddaloni, with around 40000 inhabitants, is an important agricultural and industrial center of the province of Caserta, with activity in the food sector, of the cement and of the electronics well connected to regional and national level from aces of road and railway connections. Over the industrial importance, it is an ancient and interesting town, with rich artistic patrimony, situated to the feet of the hill S. Michele, surrounded by a territory that preserves abundant testimonies of a rich and interesting past and it offers ample and amazing visions of the landscape of inside Campania. Its name appears for the first time, in the form "Mataluni ", in 774, in a document signed by Arechi, Longobardo prince.

In the underlying lowland the ancient city of Calatia was situated surrounded by a rich and interesting necropolis. Calatia was busy a first time from the Consul Caio Giunio Bubulco in the 309 a.C. and it was given to the Romans in 211, to the time of the second punic war, after having sided for Annibale. After the destruction of Calatia in the 862 from the Saracens, the inhabitants were sheltered on the hill where they founded the suburb Mataluni.

From 1465 it was feud, with the title of dukedom, of the Carafas, to which it uninterruptedly belonged for over three centuries. It was one of the centers of the baronage of Earth of job, always rebellious to the monarchy. The most florid period for Maddaloni was the seven hundred one, as they attests the numerous architectural, civil and ecclesiastical testimonies. A characteristic handicraft activity of Maddaloni is the manufacture of the chairs heritage of the glorious and various handicraft activity of the past. The most ancient nucleus is set to the hill in zone lived by remote epoch; subsequently the city developed toward the lowland. Between the monuments of historical-artistic merit and sites of landscape interest inside the city and shed in its territory, we remember: the church of the Annunziata, whose form is substantially due to the restructuring performed in the first years of the sec. XVII; the church of the Corpus Domini, with elegant bell tower on sketch of Luigi Vanvitelli; the little church of S. Agnello, currently desecrated and in bad state, whose bell tower has in the base great rocks of Roman age and leftovers of a portal to closed ogiva; the Baroque church of S. Francesco in Assisi with tall dome and valuable objects of art to the inside; the National Boarding school, already convent of the Franciscan ones, in whose cloister is still preserved a orange tree planted, according to the tradition, from S. Francesco; the Civic Museum that, in lack of other specific structures, welcomes also to its inside numerous testimonies coming from the ancient Calatia - among which ceramics, bronzes and other objects.

Of great interest, also from the landscape point of view, it is the Castle. Preceded from the cylindrical inferior tower, of the last decade of 13OO, the Castle, remembered in the Middle Ages with the name of Castrum Kalata Maddala, is to irregular plant and it has a square tower. An ample panorama embraces you that spaces, to 360° degrees, from the M. Somma, to Naples, to the islands of the gulf, to the lowland bell. To the extremity of the hill the complex finishes with another tower, smaller than that inferior, perhaps of longobarda origin. Other place of landscape interest, from which the vision of the inside territory is possible from the Mainarde to the Maiella, is the peak of the hill of S. Michael. Still in the outskirtses of Maddaloni they are to signal the M. Calvi and the M. Longano, and finally, to few kilometers of distance the bridges of the valley, gigantic construction in three orders overlapped of arcs, among the more realizations notes of the kingdom of Charles of Borbone. They had been built by Luigi Vanvitelli since 1753 to 1759 to make the Carolino aqueduct that, with the deriving waters from the M. Taburno, it feeds the falls of the park of the Caserta palace.

Numerous the archaeological presences, that it surrounded the city of Calatia in ancient epoch and are on the whole territory that they testify as the intense use of the area was not limited to the urban circle and the surrounding necropolises, but it involved ampler territories.

The Maddaloni Castle

Who reaches Maddaloni is certainly attracted from the tower that it is found on the hill of the Tifata and he is attracted then from the castle of Roman origin dipped in the green. You knows that Maddaloni has a very ancient history tied up to the castle. Giacinto De Sivo recovered a test of the existence of the castle already strengthened to the epoch of the punic wars. In one his book he quotes, in fact, a footstep of the " Historiaes " of Tito Livio (Lib. XXV) in which is written: " In valle oculta, post Tifatam, montem imminenten Capuae, consedit. Adveniens quem Castellum Galatiam praesidio vi pulso coepisset…".
Today it is impossible to verify similar affirmation, but we can be considered that the history of Maddaloni is tied up to that of Rome for the numerous founded finds (clays, bronzes, statues, etc.)

But the first document in which Mataluni is quoted expressly provided of a castle is dated 1099 (Castrum Kalato Maddala). The strengthened installation, that rises in a strategic position, is constituted by three nucleuses: the castle was built in central position, the tower of Artus tall 33 meters was raised next to the castle, while the small superior tower, said Castelluccio, tall 20 meters is set on a taller and isolated hill. Such constructions were built so in longobarda epoch for the protection of the inhabited nucleuses. In Norman epoch, with the unification of all the Southern Regions, Mataluni had the Regal garrison and it was strengthened. With Ruggiero II the Norman, that in 1134 he strengthen the Castle, became place of meetings and stay of important characters of the monarchy. The Castle of Mataluni, was sheltered in sveva epoch, during the kingdom of Federico II and it became wealthy in angioina epoch of the cylindrical tower with polygonal base. This tower, erect among 1390 and 1402 from Charles Artus of Angiò, that held the feud in such epoch, represented a strengthening of the defensive system. Purchasing the feud, Charles Artus, preserved it with the strength from the weapons and increased of it and improved the defenses making to build the cylindrical tower that anchors today we admire and that is the symbol of Maddaloni. In the autumn of 1460, the castle was attacked, conquered and datum to the fire from Ferrante in Aragon in war against Giovanni of Angiò and the rebellious barons.

After the fire the inhabited nucleuses were moved and reconstructed in lowland and the whole underlying level zone the castle was systematized by the Carafas, when, created the county by Ferrante in Aragon, the captain Diomede Carafa was invested some feud, whose family will hold up the fates of Maddaloni for 350 years. In 1799 with the abolition of the feud and the strangeness of the last duke Marzio Domenico V, the dynasty of the Carafas ended. The abandoned and demolished castle, with the underlying hills were inherited by the Prince of Colobrano that in 1821, revenges them to Agnello De Sivo, child of Giacinto, that turned the castle and the towers into a splendid abode that was center in the age borbonica of splendid parties and wisecracks of hunting. On September 14 1860 Maddaloni was busy from the garibaldinis. With Garibaldi to Maddaloni the borbonic epoch ended and the Kingdom lasted 730 years and it started a period of degrade. To the time of the second world war the castle was definitely abandoned and left to the looting of the allied troops.


The Vanvitelli masterpiece was commissioned by the king Carlo III of Borbone, from which the name "carolino", with the purpose to feed the anticipated spectacular games of water in the gardens of the Caserta Palace. It represents one of the greatest works of hydraulic architecture of every time.

Departing from the Taburno sources of the Taburno the aqueduct arrives, after a run of 38km, with an inclination of 0.5 mm for meter, to the fall of the Royal Building, with a course of water that reached the 700 liters for a second.

The beginning of the jobs of construction of the "arcades", as the Vanvitelli loved to call her, had beginning in March of 1753, two months later it followed the laying in work of the first stone to the sources of the Fizzo (21 May); they finished in the November of 1759 and the whole aqueduct was inaugurated the 7 May of 1762.

Cost of the whole work: 600.000 dukedoms.

With its 529 meters of length, 55.80 meters maximum high, three orders of arcades of 19, 28 and 43 for a total of 90 arcades, the great bridge unites the Longano mountains (east) and Garzano (west).

Behind the superior order of arcades, where the water flows, a small road was realized covered by white basolato. Through small passages drawn among the various arcs it is possible to easily cross, in the whole length of the work, the orders of arcades mediate and superior.




La presenza più antica a Maddaloni è attestata all'età del rame (2500-1800 a.C.). Gruppi di  pastori stanziavano sulle  colline di S.Michele, pascolando  le  loro greggi che rappresentavano la principale forma  di sostentamento.  Le donne  modellavano vasi di argilla  necessari per   la cottura  dei  cibi ed il trasporto dell'acqua.  Gli uomini   procuravano il   cibo con la   caccia   e costruivano capanne di arbusti e di foglie, a volte  ricoperte di argilla. Le notizie   riportate sono  confermate  dal rinvenimento di numerosi frammenti di vasi (ceramica a scaglie riferibile alla Civiltà del Gaudio) in  un ampio   pianoro,  servito da una sorgente  e da una riserva naturale di argilla posta alle spalle della torre piccola longobarda. I frammenti, catalogati, sono ora esposti presso il Museo Civico della città.

ETA' DEL BRONZO   (1800 - 900 a.C.)

Gli utensili usati:    coltelli, asce, raschiatoi,  sono  ancora, per la maggior   parte, di pietra (selce).  Si scopre l'agricoltura, l'uomo scende in pianura dove il terreno  è  più  fertile. E'  ipotizzabile  in   questo  periodo  la presenza  di  due  insediamenti:   il  più  vecchio,   in  collina,  il nuovo, in pianura, dove poi sorgerà Calatia


Gruppi  di  capanne   si  espandono  in   pianura.  Si  sviluppa notevolmente l'agricoltura, con il ferro si    costruiscono nuove armi,  l'abbigliamento  femminile  si   arricchisce   di bracciali e fibule  (le nostre spille).  Glio   Osci,  abitanti  di queste terre e nostri più  lontani   antenati,  acquistano  ceramiche  e  oggetti ornamnentali   dalle  vicine  colonie  greche  di Ischia e Cuma. Migliora per imitazione la produzione artigiana locale. L'antico insediamento  viene   conservato  come  posto di vedetta e di controllo delle vie di comunicazione.


Il probabile sistema  sociale  tribale  porta   all'unificazione. Si raggruppano    capanne   che     vengono  circondate  da  una palizzata    difensiva   e  da  un  fossato.   Si    selcia  la  strada principale, la futura via Appia. Il lavoro dei campi è notevole. Gli Etruschi porteranno da noi il sistema della coltivazione alta della vitetra  filari di  alberi.  Sorge Calatia,   la  cui probabile etimologia "cal" riporta al significato di luogo fortificato. L'ordine politico e religioso è tenuto da un capo, alla cui morte gli vengono  tributati  grandi  onori.  Questa  fase è attestata a Calatia   da   tombe  con  ricchissimo  corredo   (monili in oro, argento, elettro ed ambra) che risalgono allo VIII secolo a.C.


Nel VI secolo a.C. gli Etruschi sono presenti nel nostro territorio. Calatia entra a far parte di una confederazione di 12 città ( la dodecapoli etrusca) con a capo Capua. Vasi di bucchero (argilla mescolata a polvere di carbone, tipica produzione etrusca) con un particolare aspetto nero brillante che imita il metallo, sono stati ivi recuperati dalla Sovrintendenza. Un aristocratico di Vulci, nel Lazio, Vetes Kielas (Vete Chiela), interessato al commercio del vino, invia, nel 525 a.C. circa, un' anfora vinaria a Calatia con la scritta in caratteri etruschi. In questo periodo alle capanne si sostituirono le case in pietra ricoperte con tetti di tegole.


Sconfitti dai Siracusani,  nella  famosa  battaglia   di  Cuma del 474 a.C., gli Etruschi vengono  attaccati duramente anche dai Sanniti in cerca  di  fertili pianure.  A  Capua vengono uccisi i capi etruschi e la città divenne sannita. Anche Calatia segue la stessa sorte. Ora   la  città batte moneta  con la propria zecca, con  la  legenda   KALA, KALAT o KALATI.  Fatto  eccezionale conia  anche   monete  d'oro. Nel 309  a.C.  il console Caio Giulio Bubulco conquista Calatia che cade così nelle mani dei Romani. L'Appia,  la  più  importante  delle  strade   romane, attraversa Calatia  che  acquista  ancora  più importanza  con il controllo delle  vie  di  accesso  al Sannìo.   Nel 321 a.C.  (anno 433 di Roma), durante la seconda guerra sannitica, l'esercito romano, sotto il  comando  dei consoli  Spurio Postumio Albino e Tito Veturio Calvino, si accampa a Calatia, ma subisce l'onta delle Forche   Caudine.  Alleatasi  in  seguito  con  Annibale   (215 a.C.),  Calatia  viene  riconquistata  e  aspramente   punita dai Romani  e  diventa  cittadina  "sine suffragio"  (senza diritto di voto).   Un famoso  personaggio   di  Calatia,  Aulo  Attilius Calatinus, console nel 258 e nel 254 a.C. diventa dittatore nel 254 a.C. Nel 59 a.C. Giulio Cesare vi trasferisce una colonia di veterani. Calatia cade nell'oblio.Nell'era cristiana a Calatia si costruiscono molte chiese su vecchi templi; la più importante è quella dedicata a S.Giacomo, probabilmente episcopio della città.


Calatia, sede vescovile, è attaccata e distrutta varie volte dai Saraceni (già nel V secolo il vescovo S.Augusto è costretto ad abbandonare la città, rifugiandosi nel vicino borgo di Mataluni). Distrutta definitivamente nel 880, anche i cittadini abbandonarono Calatia riparando nella più protetta Mataluni ed il vescovo preferirà spostare la sua sede a Casa Hirta (ora Casertavacchia). Nel cortile del Villaggio dei Ragazzi, già antistante il vecchio Palazzo Ducale, si svolgeva la fiera settimanale sotto il controllo del Duca. La piazza , nel 1702, come ricorda il Piccicchelli, era luogo di passeggio, riunioni, affari. Nel '600 Mataloni è uno dei più importanti centri del reame. Artisti illustri, come il fiorentino Giovanni Balducci, che dipinge il soffitto a cassettoni della Chiesa dell'Annunziata, Pompeo Landulfo, Marco Pino, i Funaro, Fabrizio Santafede, Paolo de Matteis, Mattia Preti e Francesco de Mura si avvicendano nella nostra città lasciando un patrimonio pittorico culturale di inestimabile valore. Nel 1734, Carlo III di Borbone, infante di Spagna, duca di Parma e Piacenza, viene a prendere possesso del Regno di Napoli. Maddaloni gli riserva grandi accoglienze. Nel Palazzo Ducale, Domenico Marzio V Carafa gli consegna le chiavi della città. Il munifico sovrano concede a Maddaloni il titolo di Città. Nel '700 Maddaloni conta circa 9500 abitanti. E' fiorente l'artigianato della maiolica (faenzari e riggiolari), della sedia impagliata (seggiolellari), quest'ultima ancora presente nella nostra città. Viene ampliata la chiesa del Corpus Domini su progetto del famoso architetto Luigi Vanvitelli, autore della Reggia di Caserta.  Durante la costruzione del Palazzo Reale e dei Ponti della Valle, spesso il Re e la Regina si recano a Maddaloni, ospiti del Duca, per assistere alle esercitazioni di squadroni di cavalleria.