A cura di Franco Lucchi
Orgone porto franco Archivio
Per consultare i libri scrivere a:
O R G O N O M I C
F U N C T I O N A L I S M:
A JOURNAL DEVOTED TO THE WORK OF WILHELM REICH
Orgonomic Functionalism in Non-Living Nature
The Differentiation of Orgone Energy from Electromagnetism
Presented in Talks with an Electrophysicist
Desert Development and Emotional Deadness
Processes of Integration in the Newborn and the Schizophrenic
The Meaning of "Disposition to Disease"
THE FOLLOWING ARTICLES ARE INCLUDED IN VOLUMES 1-6:
"The Developmental History of Orgonomic Functionalism" "Orgonomic Functionalism in Non-Living Nature" "From Homo Normalis to the Child of the Future" "A Note on 'Sympathetic Understanding'" "The Silent Observer"
Part One:"The Yearning for the Hidden Sweetness" Part Two:"Sigmund Freud's Position in the Sexual Revolution"
"On Using the Atomic Bomb" "Wrong Thinking Kills" "Man's Roots in Nature" "Functional Thinking" "Orgonotic Pulsation," Parts 1-3 "The Evasiveness of Homo Normalis" "Orgone Functions in Weather Formation" "The Attitude of Mechanistic Natural Science to the Life Problem" "Parents as Educators" "Open Season on Truth" "The Fundamental Problem of Form"
Annual Subscription (one volume) $ 18.95 Any two issues $ 35.00 Volumes 1-6 $100.00
BOOKS BY REICH
PUBLISHED BY FARRAR, STRAUS & GIROUX/THE NOONDAY PRESS
Composed from letters and journals in Reich's archives, Beyond Psychology records his pioneering laboratory experiments to verify the reality of the pleasure function and his discovery of an unknown energy that exists in all living matter. It records, too, the anguish of a man unafraid to speak his truth in the face of attack and defamation, even though it cost him his profession, his homeland and his adopted country, his wife and two children, and his lover.
Clothbound $ 25.00
RECORD OF A FRIENDSHIP
The Correspondence of Wilhelm Reich and A.S. Neill
Wilhelm Reich and A.S. Neill, the founder of Summerhill School, first met in Norway in 1936. They remained friends for over twenty years until Reich's death in 1957. Though they were separated for most of those years, a steady exchange of letters kept their friendship alive. These letters form the record of a friendship between two remarkable men.
(out of print) Paperback $25.00
DOR-SICKNESS - A Review of Reich's Findings
This statement on DOR sickness is a brief compilation of material presented by Wilhelm Reich, M.D., during a conference held at Orgonon in Rangeley, Maine, on August 26th and 27th, 1953.Chester M. Raphael, M.D.
Booklet $ 7.50
ORGONOMIC DIAGNOSIS OF CANCER BIOPATHY
The Wilhelm Reich Foundation, 1952
This report is based on a course on cancer given by Reich at Orgonon, Rangeley, Me., July and August, 1950. Compiled by Chester M. Raphael, M.D. and Helen E. MacDonald, Ph.D., itincludes chapters on the Reich blood test, T - bacilli, orgonomic examination of body secretions, and indications for the use of the orgone energy accumulator.
Bound Xerox $16.95
ORGONE TREATMENT DURING LABOR
by Chester M. Raphael, M.D.
Orgone Energy Bulletin, Vol. 3, No. 2, 1951
A preliminary report on two cases in which the author utilized his knowledge of the armoring process to alleviate acute distress during the period of labor. Presented originally as part of the Orgonomic Infant Research Center.
REICH'S RESPONSE TO THE FDA COMPLAINT FOR AN INJUNCTION
A transcription of a discussion that took place during a conference at Orgonon on August 4, 1988.
SOME NOTES ON ART INSPIRED BY REICH
by William Steig
Orgone Energy Bulletin, Vol. IV. No. 1, January, 1952
The renowned artist and author of children's books writes about the creative process.
WILHELM REICH: MISCONSTRUED-MISESTEEMED
A Critique of "Man in the Trap" by Elsworth F. Baker, M.D.by Chester M. Raphael, M.D. with Philip Gold, M.D. and Charles I. Oller, M.D. The Wilhelm Reich Institute for Orgonomic Studies, 1970 Three of Reich's students critique a book which claimed to explain or interpret clinical aspects of orgone theory.
Bound Xerox $26.95
OUT-OF-PRINT BOOKS BY WILHELM REICH
Contact With Space Oranur, Second Report,1951-56
by Wilhelm Reich Core Pilot Press, 1957
The last work by Reich published during his lifetime, CONTACT WITH SPACE details his expedition to Arizona, 1954-55, to study the processes involved in desert development, and it describes his experiences with unidentified flying objects and his thinking in regard to their role in the growing desertification of our planet.
The first edition of this work is sold out. Now available in bound xerox $45.00
CHILDREN OF THE FUTURE
On the Prevention of Sexual Pathology
Farrar, Straus & Giroux. 1983
In this gathering of his writings on children (1926-1952), Reich demonstrates the impact of the environment on infant and child development from the perspective of his knowledge of biological energy functions.
With translations by Derek and Inge Jordan
Bound Xerox $26.95
THE EINSTEIN AFFAIR
History of the Discovery of the Life Energy , Documentary
Wilhelm Reich, Biographical Material
Orgone Institute Press, 1953
Correspondence between Wilhelm Reich and Albert Einstein relating to experimental proof of the existence of orgone energy and discussing, in particular, the temperature-difference experiment with the orgone energy accumulator.
Bound Xerox $26.95
THE ORANUR EXPERIMENT, First Report (1947-1951)
The Wilhelm Reich Foundation, 1951
Reich's report on his experimental work with nuclear and orgone energy. He first describes the Geiger-Muller counter reaction to orgone energy and the orgone phenomena in high vacuum, physical orgone energy functions essential to a basic understanding of the oranur experiment. This experiment, which took place at Orgonon between December 1950 and May 1951, is then described in detail.
Bound Xerox $26.95
An Introduction to Orgonomy
Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 1973
The ideal introduction to Reich's work. This anthology presents chapters on the orgasm theory, orgone therapy, the actual discovery of the orgone, orgonomic functionalism, orgone physics, and the emotional plague. It also includes Reich's Response to the FDA Complaint for an injunction and the injunction itself, as well as a glossary, bibliography, biographical note, and a resumι of Reich's scientific development.
Bound Xerox $42.50
CORE, Vol. VI, Nos. 1-4, Orgone Institute, July 1954
Reich's first report on his work in cosmic orgone engineering compiled from records kept in 1952-53. Chapters include:
"Expansion and Contraction in the Atmospheric OR Energy",
"Space Ships and Desert Development",
"DOR Removal, Cloud- Busting, Fog-Lifting",
"OROP Desert Project", as well as protocols of DOR removal operations.
Bound Xerox $26.95
THE ORGONE ENERGY ACCUMULATOR,
Its Scientific and Medical Use
by Wilhelm Reich
Orgone Institute Press, 1951.
Reich's original booklet on the orgone energy accumulator. It describes the theoretical basis on which the accumulator functions, as well as its medical use. It also includes a bibliography of works on orgone energy.
PLANS FOR CONSTRUCTING AN ORGONE ENERGY ACCUMULATOR
Based on information originally distributed by the Wilhelm Reich Foundation, these new plans for the construction of a three-fold orgone energy accumulator and a five-fold shooter have been updated. They include a materials list, table of dimensions, and detailed drawings for the layering, framing, and assembling of an accumulator. Notes and questions regarding its use have also been added.
THE CARCINOMATOUS SHRINKING BIOPATHY
This chapter from The Cancer Biopathy deals specifically with the underlying causes of cancer and shows how the sexual function is connected to this dread disease.
COSMIC ORGONE ENERGY AND "ETHER"
by Wilhelm Reich
Orgone Energy Bulletin, Vol. 1, No. 4, 1949
Orgone physics made understandable for the layman.
THE LEUKEMIA PROBLEM: APPROACH
by Wilhelm Reich
Orgone Energy Bulletin, Vol. 3, No. 2, 1951
Reich presents his initial observations on leukemia, emphasizing the significance of the red blood cell system in this disease.
THE MEDICAL DOR BUSTER (1942-1955)
Part One The Emotional Desert
Reich discusses the significance of Deadly ORgone in living and non-living nature.
Wilhelm Reich, M.D.
Booklet $ 7.50
METEOROLOGICAL FUNCTIONS IN ORGONE-CHARGED VACUUM TUBES
by Wilhelm Reich
Orgone Energy Bulletin, Vol. 2, No. 4, 1950
In this preliminary report, Reich describes the influence of weather conditions on orgone charged vacuum tubes.
ORGONOTIC LIGHT FUNCTIONS
by Wilhelm Reich
Orgone Energy Bulletin, Vol. 1, Nos. 1,2,3, 1949
Three articles on orgone physics:
1. "Searchlight Phenomena in the Orgone Envelope of the Earth (1942-44)"
2. "X-Ray Photograph of the Excited Orgone Energy Field of the Palms (1944)"
3. "Further Physical Characteristics of Vacor Lumination (1948)"
THE SCHIZOPHRENIC SPLIT
In this chapter from Character Analysis, Reich documents the dramatic and moving case history of the first schizophrenic treated with orgone therapy, presenting revolutionary insight into one of the most serious problems in mental health.
THE SEXUAL RIGHTS OF YOUTH
Reich speaks to the young in terms of what he sees as the real meaning of "sexual enlightenment": not the mysteries and dangers of procreation, but the essential nature of sexuality and the right of youth to genital gratification.
RULES TO FOLLOW IN BASIC RESEARCH
Printed page of Reich's twelve rules
LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF WILHELM REICH
Reich's will, signed March 8, 1957, provides unique insight into the man who wrote it.
VIDEO & AUDIO TAPES
LECTURES GIVEN AT ORGONON:
REICH'S WILL: MIRRORING THE MAN
Lecturer: Mary Boyd Higgins, President, The Wilhelm Reich Infant Trust; Director, The Wilhelm Reich Museum; Co-Editor, Reich's published works Reich's will, signed three days before his imprisonment, reveals the life and character of the man who wrote it. This lecture, given at Orgonon in 1985, provides a careful study of its contents. VHS quality tape 1 hr. 24 min. $31.95
WHY IS REICH'S WORK SO MISUNDERSTOOD?
Part One - The Man Reich
Lecturer: Mary Boyd Higgins, President, The Wilhelm Reich Infant Trust; Director, The Wilhelm Reich Museum; Co-Editor, Reich's published works
Reich's way of functioning is considered in the context of a conference that took place at Orgonon in July, 1994. VHS quality tape 1 hr. 44 min. $31.95
AUDIO RECORDINGS OF REICH:
An audio tape recording made by Wilhelm Reich at Orgonon on April 3rd, 1952 in which he expresses the reality of his existence, his total aloneness.
Cassette Tape 10 min $7.50
THE SOURCE OF THE "HUMAN" NO
Speaking to a representative of The Sigmund Freud Archives on October 18, 1952, Reich describes what happens to the newborn child and what effect this treatment has on its subsequent development.
Cassette Tape 12 min $7.50
Libri acquistati dal catalogo OBRL
* SAHARASIA: THE 4000 BCE ORIGINS OF CHILD ABUSE, SEX-REPRESSION, WARFARE AND SOCIAL VIOLENCE, IN THE DESERTS OF THE OLD WORLD by James DeMeo, Ph.D. Orgone Biophysical Research Lab, Ashland, 1998. 454 pp. Over 100 maps, photos,
illustrations. Complete citations and index. (Table of Contents given below)
Dr. DeMeo's long-awaited book on the origins of human armoring: the first geographical, cross-cultural study of human behavior around the world using Wilhelm Reich's sex-economic discoveries as a basic starting point, and presenting world maps of different social institutions. Source-regions and migratory diffusion patterns were traced, back in time, to pinpoint where and how the human tragedy began. A breakthrough in the scientific study of human psychology and anthropology, and must-reading for every parent, student, professor and clinical worker in the field of human health and behavior. Over 450 pages with dozens of maps, photos, and illustrations, with full bibliography and comprehensive index.
Saharasia examines the research findings of the late Dr. Wilhelm Reich, as
a starting point for global cross-cultural testing and evaluation. Dr.
Reich's Sex-Economic theory is found to be a powerful predictor of human
behavior around the globe -- cultures which are child-abusive and
sex-repressive are the very ones with the highest levels of social violence
and warfare, while cultures which are gentle with children and have a
positive attitude towards sexual pleasure are socially peaceful and lacking
in aggressive warlike social impulses. Moreover, the cross-cultural data
are mapped, producing the first set of world behavior maps. These maps
prove to identify source regions from which the first patriarchal
authoritarian cultures originated, at c.4000 BCE in the Old World
"Saharasian" desert belts. Dr. DeMeo's work provides solid answers and
proof, as extracted from mainstream archaeological, historical and
anthropological sources, for what Reich struggled unsuccessfully to
clarify: The Origins of Human Armoring.
Table of Contents
Part I: Survey of New Territory / Basic Theory and Assumptions
1. Introduction and Overview
2. Wilhelm Reich's Discovery of Human Armoring
* Freud's Early Work and Subsequent Betrayal of Truth
* Reich's Sex-Political Work, and Break with Psychoanalysis
* Clinical and Experimental Aspects of Sex-Economy
* Discovery of the Muscular and Character Armor
* Primary versus Secondary Drives, and the Social Facade
* Sexual/Emotional Energy, and Function of the Orgasm
* Reich on Infants and Children
* Other Research Supporting Sex-Economy
* Prenatal Influences
* Birth Trauma in Modern Hospitals
* Primate Studies
* Sexual and Physical Abuse of Children
* A. S. Neill & Summerhill School
* Confirmation of Mass Psychology of Fascism
* Summary of Sex-Economic Viewpoint
3. Basic Assumptions, Observations and Probable Mechanisms for the Genesis and Global Diffusion of Armored Patrism
* Reich's Speculations on the Origins of Human Armoring
* Cross-Cultural and Geographical Factors
A. Matrism: Unarmored High-Pleasure Low-Violence "Rainforest" Culture
B. Patrism: Armored, Low-Pleasure High-Violence "Desert" Culture
C. A Preliminary Cross-Cultural Comparison
D. Geographical Analysis of Cross-Cultural Data
* Changes in Ancient Climate, Landscape and Archaeology
* Physiological, Behavioral and Social Effects of Prolonged Drought and Famine
A. Somatic and Emotional Effects
B. Competition for Food and Water
C. Migration and Nomadic Adjustments
D. Direct Effects of the Desert Atmosphere
* Chapter Summary
Part II: The Recent Historical Dimensions of Armored Patrism / Mapping the Environmental and Cross-Cultural Data
4. The Saharasian Desert Belt
* Climatic Aspects
* Biological Aspects
* Cultural Aspects
5. The Global Geography of Social Institutions
* Infant Cranial Deformation and Swaddling
* Breastfeeding / Denial of the Breast
* Male Genital Mutilations
* Phallotomy and Eunuchism
* Female Genital Mutilations
* Unnecessary Hysterectomy and Mastectomy: Ritual Medical Castration and Sexual Mutilation of Girls and Women in Western Hospitals
* Scarification of the Body
* Female Premarital Sex Taboo
* Segregation of Adolescent Boys
* Incest and Incest Taboo
* High Bride-Price Marriage
* Marital Residence
* Contraception and Abortion
* The Couvade, and Similar Practices
* Post-Partum Sexual Taboos
* Cognitive Kin Groups
* Inheritance Rules: Land and Movable Property
* Ritual Widow Murder = Mother Murder
* High God Religion and the Mother Goddess
* Class Stratification
* Caste Stratification
* Hydraulic Society and "Oriental Despotism"
6. Contraceptive Plant Materials Used in Sex-Positive Cultures
7. Expressions of Saharasia in Contemporary Demography
Part III: The Ancient Origins and Geographical Diffusion of Patrism. Mapping the Archaeological and Historical Evidence
8. Environmental and Cultural Changes in Saharasia and its Borderlands
A. North Africa
C. From the Levant to Mesopotamia
D. From Anatolia to the Indus River Valley
E. Central Asia
* Soviet / Russian Central Asia
* Chinese Central Asia
F. Summary and Synthesis
9. Patrism in Oceania and the New World
* The New World
* Patrist Influences after 1492 CE: The Arrival of Europeans
Part IV: Summary and Conclusions
10. Saharasia: Review and Discussion
* Ancient Innate (Primary-Unarmored-Matrist) versus 6000-Year-Old Acquired (Secondary-Armored-Patrist) Behavior
* A Few Predictions
* Armored Patrism and Environmental Destruction
* The Problem is Both Men and Women
* A Way Out of the Trap
11. Saharasia Today (c.1980)
Appendix A: Correlation Table of Sex-Economic Factors
Appendix B: HIV is Not the Cause of AIDS
Appendix C: Resources and Contact Information
SAHARASIA: Limited Hardbound First Edition, numbered and signed by the author: $90.
SAHARASIA: Softcover Trade Edition, color cover, unsigned: $34
* THE ORGONE ACCUMULATOR HANDBOOK: Construction Plans, Experimental Use, and Protection Against Toxic Energy. <Immagine> by James DeMeo, Ph.D., with a foreword by Eva Reich, M.D., and an appendix examining new experimental evidence demonstrating the biological effects of the orgone energy accumulator. The orgone accumulator is based upon the discoveries of the late Dr. Wilhelm Reich, whose work remains vital and of wide interest. Learn how to concentrate and work with orgone (life) energy using simple, readily available materials. A limitless supply is freely available from the atmosphere. These experimental devices have been shown to stimulate plant growth and human physiology in controlled studies. In this edition, Dr. DeMeo updates information on the construction of orgone energy blankets, shooters, box-type accumulators, bion-packs and draw buckets for atmospheric cleansing, with many instructional diagrams and photographs, and a complete bibliography and resource guide. Over 150 pages, perfectbound with full-color cover featuring the clearly visible blue orgone (life energy) field of an Apollo astronaut on the lunar surface.
Price: $12.95 Paperbound
* SO, YOU WANT TO BUILD A CLOUDBUSTER? A Rational Approach to the Problem of a Growing Interest in Cloudbusting, by JAMES DEMEO. A Personal View, 1987. 32 pp.
$ 5.00 Stapled xerox
* ORGONE ENERGY MOTOR, Reference & Data Package, by JAMES DEMEO. A brief review of what is known about this device, with quotes from those who observed it in operation, and specifications not previously available. 11 pp.
$ 3.00 Stapled xerox
* WILHELM REICH, A.S. NEILL, AND ORGONOMY, by MATTHEW APPLETON. Discusses the philosophy of Neill, its relationship to Reich, and the current situation at Summerhill School in rural England. Imported. 17 pp.
$ 5.00 Booklet
General Orgonomy and Eva Reich Publications
* EVA REICH'S BUTTERFLY TOUCH MASSAGE, by Richard Overly. Discusses, in step-by-step instructional manner, a gentle technique for babies, children and adults. Promotes nurturing and healing for all ages, helps the bonding between baby and parent. Illustrated workbook format, 30 pp.
$15.00 Bound xerox
* ORGONOMIC FIRST-AID FOR MOTHERS AND INFANTS, by Eva Reich, M.D. Transcription of a wide-ranging 1986 lecture, presented to the American College of Orgonomy in Staten Island, New York. 15 pp.
$ 5.00 Bound xerox
* FLATLAND #12, edited by JIM MARTIN. A special edition on Wilhelm Reich containing interviews with Eva Reich, Orson Bean, and Harvey Matusow who was in prison with Reich at Lewisburg. Also, an article about Reich's cloudbusting work in Arizona in 1954. Fascinating and thought provoking material. 65 pp.
$ 4.00 Magazine
ON WILHELM REICH AND ORGONOMY
* BASIC ORGONOMETRY: WILHELM REICH'S ABSTRACT TECHNIQUE FOR COMPREHENSIVE THINKING by Jacob Meyerowitz. A basic summary of and introduction to REich's functional method of logic and mathematics. 32 pp.
* BEFORE THE BEGINNING OF TIME by Jacob Meyerowitz. A challenging development of Reich's method of thought, called orgonomic functionalism. The author uses the technique of orgonometry to explore concepts such as time and length, dialectics, and even art. Introduces the logic of functions to critical thinking. 336 pp.
*AND A LITTLE CHILD, Stories of Anyone, by PATRICIA MEYEROWITZ. A very compelling monologue chronicling the abuse of "normal" parenting methods every one endures in infancy, childhood and adolescence. Presented in a dramatic prose form, it evokes memories of forgotten feelings and brings us quickly back to understanding the confusion and pain of children and what must be allowed in order to alleviate it. 50 pp.
* UNUSUAL LONG-DISTANCE ATMOSPHERIC AND GEOPHYSICAL EFFECTS FROM UNDERGROUND NUCLEAR BOMB TESTS AND NUCLEAR POWER PLANT ACCIDENTS: Suppressed Scientific Evidence Reprints of scholarly articles and reports from back issues of Pulse of the Planet journal addressing this important issue. An essential tool for anyone concerned about nuclear issues. 40 pp.
$4.00 Stapled Xerox
Pulse of the Planet
The Annual Research Report and Journal of the
Orgone Biophysical Research Laboratory.
Edited by James DeMeo, Ph.D.
Regular Features: Reviews of recent scholarly research verifying the sex-economic & orgone biophysical findings of Wilhelm Reich, M.D. Cosmic Orgone Engineering: Informal overview of recent experimental cloudbusting research. Conference Reports: on recent seminars, workshops, and conferences devoted to orgonomic research. Environmental Notes, Sex-Economic Notes, Science Notes, Health/Medical Notes.
Four issues have been published to date:
* Pulse Number 4 (Most Recent Issue), Subtitled: On Wilhelm Reich and Orgonomy:
Original softcover perfect-bound edition, 173 pages, Price: $20
- "The Bioelectrical Experiments of Wilhelm Reich: The Basic Antithesis of Vegetative Life Functions, The Orgasm as an Electrophysiological Discharge, and Experimental Investigation of the Electrical Function of Sexuality and Anxiety", by Wilhelm Reich, M.D., Translations from the original German by Barbara Koopman, M.D., Ph.D.
- "Wilhelm Reich in Denmark" with photographs, by Ellen Siersted
- "Why is Reich Never Mentioned?", by R. D. Laing, Ph.D.
- "An Emotional Plague Attack on Summerhill School", by Matthew Appleton
- "The Jailing of a Great Scientist in the USA", by Lois Wyvell
- "OROP Israel 1991: A Cloudbusting Experiment to Restore Winter Rains During Extended Drought", by J. DeMeo, Ph.D.
- "Three Mile Island: The Language of Science Versus the People's Reality" (Part II), by Mitzuru Katagiri, Ph.D.
- "HIV is Not the Cause of AIDS: Review of Current Research", by J. DeMeo, Ph.D.
* Pulse Number 1, Back Issue, Spring 1989:
Available only as bound xerox, 54 pages, Price: $10
- "Cloudbusting, A New Approach to Drought", by James DeMeo, Ph.D.
- "Recent Abnormal Phenomena on Earth and Atomic Power Tests", by Yoshio Kato.
- "Postscript on the Food and Drug Administration's Scientific Evidence Against Wilhelm Reich", by J. DeMeo, Ph.D.
- "Response to Martin Gardner's Attack on Reich and Orgone Research in the Skeptical Inquirer", by J. DeMeo, Ph.D.
*Pulse Number 2, Back Issue, Fall 1989:
Original softcover perfect-bound edition, 96 pages, Price: $15
- "The Orgone Energy Continuum: Some Old and New Evidence", by James DeMeo, Ph.D.
- "Nuclear Bomb Tests and Earthquakes: Dangerous Patterns and Trends", by Gary Whiteford, Ph.D.
- "Psycho-Physiological Effects of the Reich Orgone Accumulator", by R. Gebauer, D. Psych., & S. Muschenich, D. Psych.
- "Wilhelm Reich, Discoverer of Acupuncture Energy?", by Prof. Dr. Bernd Senf
*Pulse Number 3, Back Issue, Summer 1991:
Available only as bound xerox, 144 pages, Price: $15
- "The Origins and Diffusion of Patrism in Saharasia, c.4000 BCE", by James DeMeo, Ph.D.
- "Body Pleasure and the Origins of Violence", by James Prescott, Ph.D.
- "The Ecology of Childhood, A View From Summerhill School", by Matthew Appleton
- "Orgone Accumulator Therapy of Severely Diseased People", by Heiko Lassek, M.D.
- "Treatment of Infectious Diseases with Orgonotic Devices", by Myron Brenner, M.D.
- "Three Mile Island: The Language of Science Versus the People's Reality"(Part I), by Mitzuru Katagiri, Ph.D.
- "OROP Arizona 1989: A Cloudbusting Experiment to Bring Rains in the Desert Southwest", by James DeMeo, Ph.D.