The first five Saturday
The great promise
Our Lady appearing in Fatima on 13th June 1917 told Lucy:
"Jesus wants me to be known and loved through you. He wants to establish the devotion to my Immaculate Heart in the world".
Immaculate heart of Mary
Then, in that apparition, She showed the three seers Her Heart crowned by thorns: the Immaculate Heart of the Mother worried because of the sins of Her sons and of their eternal damnation!
Lucy says: "On 10th December 1925 the most Holy Virgin and a Child at Her side, as He was on a cloud, appeared to me in my bedroom. Our Lady had one hand on his shoulders while in the other hand She held a Heart crowned by thorns. In that moment the Child said: "Be pity for the Heart of Your most Holy Mother because it is wrapped by the thorns that ungrateful people drive in continuously, whereas there is no one making actions of amends to pull them up".
Then the Most Holy Virgin said further: "My daughter, look at my Heart crowned by thorns that ungrateful people drive in continuously through blasphemies and ingratitude. Console Me and let people know what follows:
To all people who go to confession, receive Holy Communion, say the Rosary and stay with me for fifteen minutes and meditate the Mysteries with the intention of offering me amends for five months, on the first Saturday, I promise that I will to assist them in the time of their death with all graces required for their salvation".
This is the great Promise of the Heart of Mary besides the Promise of the Heart of Jesus.
The following conditions are required for the promise of the Heart of Mary being grant:
- Confession, made within the eight previous days, with the intention to amend offences towards the Immaculate Heart of Mary. If in the confession you forget such intention, you can say it in following confession.
- Communion, made in the grace of God, with the same intention as for the Confession.
- The Communion must be received in the first Saturday of the month.
- The Confession and the Communion must be repeated for five consecutive months, without interruption; otherwise you must start again.
- Saying the Rosary, at least the third part, with the same intention as for the Confession.
- Meditation for about fifteen minutes staying with the Most Holy Virgin and meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary.
- The blasphemies against Her Immaculate Conception.
- Against Her Virginity.
- Against Her divine Maternity and the refusal to recognise Her as Mother of the mankind.
- The work of those people who in public infuse the heart of the children with indifference, contempt and even hatred against this Immaculate Mother.
- The work of those people who directly offend Her in Her sacred images.